Tropical Socks


I am finally getting around to posting some of the Christmas knitting!  (Possibly the only Christmas knitting which is actually finished yet - but shhhhh, don't tell anyone that!)


These socks are for my brother's girlfriend, who spent two weeks with us in her first visit to the frozen north.  When I was at her place this summer I was knitting a pair of socks and she dropped several broad hints about wanting some herself, so how could I refuse?  I picked a yarn as bright and sunny as she is, and incredibly soft and warm.

I cannot deny having done some slight engineering and rearranging of the yarn so as to make the stripes line up exactly.  More ends to work in, but it was worth it!



Comments

  1. These are beautiful! I need to make some striped socks. I always love how they look. :) Hope your 2015 is off to a great start!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Self-striping sock yarn is a fantastic invention ;) 2015 so far has been blowing every other year out of the water. I hope it's going well for you too!
      ~Gillian

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)